Over the past few days, I've had a few people say that they feel it's too late in the year to start working towards their fitness goals and that they'll start back in January!!
January!! That's eight weeks away.
Imagine the difference eight weeks of consistent training and good food choices could make. You could make great strides towards your goal in that time-frame.
But really the thing is that eating right and training shouldn't be something that we stop and start - of course there will be times when we are more dedicated than others - but if they are to be sustainable in the long-term, then your food and training choices should easily fit into your lifestyle. Get rid of all the extremes.
My advice to anyone who is wondering whether to start a training plan now is to just do it.
- Make a start. I know that sounds obvious - but it's usually the hardest part.
- Don't jump in head first and do a complete 360 - you'll find that very difficult to maintain. Instead, start off with small changes - go to the gym twice a week, make healthier food choices.
- Don't eliminate any food groups - find healthier alternatives if you want, but try to avoid a situation of 'good' and 'bad' foods. Educate yourself on what is in your food.
- Take photos - photos will show up progress far better than the scales.
- Find a type of training that you enjoy and surround yourself with like minded people.
So the conclusion is that - it's NEVER too late to start. I guarantee that you will NEVER, EVER regret taking steps to improve yourself and your health.
With Christmas just around the corner, I know that there is a pressure to look your best around this time of year. So fear not - by starting now you will be well on your way to feeling and looking your best by the time the party season begins. But not only that, but you will have the tools in place to continue on your journey and to build on the good habits that you have created.
If you've any questions about training, macros, plateaus - anything at all - then shoot me a message and I'll get back to you. Or if you need someone to give you a good kick start then I'm happy to do that too!!